Hard to imagine anything worse than undercooked, tough, bitter, inedible eggplant.
So please, if this has been your experience in the past, forget it now.
The eggplant recipe below is both easy and delicious.
The secret: two steps.
A prep bake in the oven. Then a short fry in a pan.
You can do the oven part whenever you have a little time and the oven is hot.
Then, when it is convenient, finish it off.
WHAT YOU NEED
a little olive oil
salt, pepper and maybe some cajun spices
ALL YOU DO IS:
1. cut off end of aubergine, slice in half lengthwise, throw in hot oven skin up for 18 minutes, let sit.
2. when cool, slice aubergine into two inch (about) pieces
3. spice a large, non-stick frying pan (that's right! salt, pepper and put cajun spices in the pan), then drizzle in a little olive oil on a medium-high heat, throw in aubergine pieces
4. let fry quietly until brown, then turn over (about 3-4 minutes)
5. turn off heat, let sit. put in serving dish and cover under dinner.
Uncover! Makes lovely side dish with meltingly creamy interior!